Most people are at a loss when it comes to knowing what to do in the event they’re involved in an accident with an Uber or Lyft driver. However, it’s not as complicated as you might think.
Here’s a list of recommended steps to take if for some reason you find yourself in an accident with a ride share driver in Las Vegas. And remember, call 702-830-7070 if you think you might need an attorney.
- Determine who is at fault.
- If you are a rideshare passenger and the rideshare driver is at fault, then you are covered up to $1 million for bodily injuries from the rideshare’s insurer.
- If you are a rideshare passenger and another driver is at fault for a collision with your rideshare, then the at-fault driver’s insurance is responsible, and the rideshare insurance will provide underinsured motorist coverage up to $1 million.
- If a rideshare driver causes a collision with you while you are driving your own car, then the rideshare driver is insured for $50,000 per person and $100,000 per incident for death and bodily injury and at least $25,000 for property damage.
- This applies from the moment the rideshare driver logs into the app. If the rideshare driver has accepted a ride/has a passenger in their car, the driver is insured up to $1 million.
If you have questions about what to do following a car accident in Las Vegas, please call 702-830-7070 to schedule a consult to discuss your case.