The Reason Why a Contingency Fee is so Vital to the American People
The great American trial lawyer and hero Don Keenan says it best, “I will do my best to carry on the important message.” Imagine the courthouse as the gates to heaven. There are two doors. One is for the 1% of Americans and corporations that can afford the hourly rates that trial lawyers charge. Their key is their money. Then there is the other door for the remaining 99%. Their key to the gates of heaven is the contingency fee agreement.
The contingency fee agreement says that your attorney will get paid a percentage of the recovery at the end of the case. The attorney must front the costs. Costs are reimbursed to the attorney at the end. A trial lawyer must really believe in your case to work on a contingency basis because personal injury lawyers take on the financial risk for your life’s cause.
In the late 1990s and early 2000s, corporations lobbied and helped pass laws that make peoples’ cases too expensive to take on. Specifically, medical malpractice and auto insurance laws now hurt us. Those laws need to be reversed because people still need help and justice. One day we will see those laws changed so it can benefit the 99%, not the 1%. Tort reform and caps on damages are a murderous disaster for people and extra profits for insurance corporations.
Anthony Paglia Injury Lawyers LTD works exclusively on a contingency basis because we represent the 99%, not the 1%.
If someone hurt you due to their carelessness, call our office at 702.830.7070 to see how we can protect your personal injury rights. Consultations are free.
What To Do After A Taxi Accident In Las Vegas
Taxis are one of the most common methods of travel among tourists, and being involved
5 Things to Know if You Get in an Accident With an Uber or Lyft Driver
When an accident happens, it’s natural to feel overwhelmed and confused. If you’re in an
Protecting Your Rights After A Catastrophic Injury
When life-altering injuries occur, the first priority is often medical attention. The emotional and financial
What To Do After A Swimming Pool Accident
Swimming is a great way to cool off in the summer, but it can also